Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mama v. Dada

Buckner's first word was "Dada." He loves that word. He says it all the time with great enthusiasm. In fact, he can have an entire conversation with that one word using various intonations, expressions, head shaking and hand gestures. But no "Mama" yet.

Sometimes when he is angry and screaming, I think I have heard some resemblance of the word "Mama" but I am not sure if that is a good thing. I would rather him say it when he is happy. Instead when I plead with him to please say "Mama" that little stinker smiles at me and replies, "Dada." My husband, of course, loves this and will immediately follow up with, "Who do you love?" in which Buckner replies, "Dada." Of course, I laugh. It is funny and I love hearing our little man talk but it will be so exciting the day he finally says "Mama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment