Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Mommy Mondays: Beauty Rush

Sunday morning: Buckner went to sleep for his morning nap. I ran to the shower with the monitor on the bathroom sink. I quickly washed my hair and even took the time to shave my legs. Once I got out of the shower, I checked the monitor. Still sleeping. I had time to put on some make up! I just applied foundation, blush, and mascara so I looked somewhat alive. My baby was still sleeping. Normally, I would have taken the remaining time to run and do a household chore but I was tired of looking at the chipped polish on my toes and having to wear closed toe shoes in the middle of summer. Dare I gamble that his nap is a long one and paint my nails? I dared and I did it!  I felt like I had accomplished a year long goal by actually showering, putting on make up and painting my nails during one long naptime.

Sunday afternoon: My mom helped me cover up my roots while Buckner took his afternoon nap. We rushed and kept our fingers crossed he would sleep while we finished. We made it and even had a moment for a small mimosa.


Daily: I definitely love some girly pampering time and on a daily basis, I wear a full face of make up. I am skimping on my hair these days and usually have it in a bun or ponytail. The best advice I read right after Buckner was born was to divide up your beauty routine so you can still take care of yourself. Gone are the days of endless hours of primping but I can and should still take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment