Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Morning Win!

After several tough mornings of rushing to get off on time, I decided to follow the tips that I found on several parenting sites. All the tips summarized to one main point: get everything ready that you can the night before so that you have very little to do in the morning. I knew this information but I didn't think that a few tasks done at night would really make a huge difference. Plus I am always so tired in the evenings. However, I decided to give it a chance.

Ed was still feeling under the weather the first night I attempted the tasks so both of my boys were in bed by 9:00pm. And all of a sudden I had a burst of energy. I decided to unload the dishwasher and reload the dinner dishes so that morning task would be complete. I then mixed Buckner's bottles for the next day. Packed our lunches and straighten up the living room and Buckner's nursery. I even loaded his diaper bag with fresh clothes and sat it by the front door. I felt so energized knowing all these tasks were done. I took my bath and was in bed by around 10:30...late I know but I felt happy knowing that the next morning would not be such a rush.

The next morning was perfect! Buckner slept until I woke him at 5:30 allowing me to get my make-up done which made me feel like I had plenty of time to feed and play with him before getting dressed. I had time to eat breakfast and not rush through any of our tasks. Best part is we were calmly out the door at 7:15 am and I arrived on time to work. In the days following, I completed the new night routine most evenings with the exception of the night I had to work late. I noticed a big difference in the one morning I did not do the nightly tasks which just reinforced my desire to push through the tiredness and complete as much as possible in the evenings. Major working parent lesson here: do everything you can the night before!

No comments:

Post a Comment