Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

This week...

...I learned that being sick as a mommy and not being able to touch your baby when he reaches for you out of fear that you will give him your stomach bug makes you cry those big, emotional tears that you thought were just reserved for the weeks right after delivery.

...I found myself jealous once again that the daycare providers get to spend 40 hours a week with my child while I get to squeeze in two hours in the morning and approximately two hours in the evening during the work week. I make the time quality time but it is hard to face the reality of so much time missed.

...I also found myself grateful for those same providers because we were able to get him out of the house while I was sick and away from those dreaded germs. I slept the most I slept in five months for two days which almost makes up for being sick.

...At the same time that I was jealous of the daycare teachers for getting so much time with my precious baby boy, I was also grateful in a weird way for being able to get a lot of things done during the day and enjoy my job. Yes, the mommy guilt over balance has started. 

...During those sweet moments together, we fed Buckner his first taste of sweet potatoes which he loves!  He kicks his feet with excitement every time we bring the spoon near his mouth.

...I learned sweet potatoes stain everything.


...I did some more research on flat heads (Buckner's is improving but not as fast as we would like) and we decided to give the noggin nest a try.

...And I still think there is nothing sweeter than seeing his smiling face looking at me at the end of the day.
Yummmm sweet potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment