Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Southern Baby Style

Lulus Love Letter Sale
Lulu's Love Letters Sale!

I have a spending problem. I never had one before Buckner arrived but now I can't quit buying for my little guy. Every footed sleeper, cute hat or onsie is up for grabs. And merchandisers KNOW THIS!  I tell myself I am not going to spend anything this week but then I get a sneaky little e-mail telling me about free shipping or a certain percentage off and spending freeze is lifted. They are after me!

One of my favorite stress relievers these days is going through the baby section at Wal-Mart. I may have just gone in for formula but I still find a few more other things Buckner just has to have. I make myself feel better because the clothes are so inexpensive at Wal-Mart but still must haves for his days at daycare. You don't want to spend a fortune on clothes he will outgrow in a month or mess up playing in at daycare.  Speaking of growing, he is growing and therefore I justified the four footed sleepers I just purchased...when I went in to get formula. But after those purchases and the great deals I got from Lulu's Love Letters last night, I am officially on a spending freeze.

When we found out we were having a boy, I told my husband that I get to dress him without argument for a minimum of two years. I knew that for two years my adoring little boy would not argue about me dressing him up like a little prince. I knew that my adoring big boy (aka husband) might put up a fuss but in the elation of finding out we were, indeed, have a precious baby boy, he agreed. He has, for the most part, stuck to his agreement and I have happily dressed up our little boy every chance I get. I read somewhere that true little Southern boys only wear pastel colors the first year of life. While I love bright colors, it is true that nothing makes Buckner look more Southern boy charming than soft fabrics in light colors.  Therefore, when Lulu's Love Letters announced the Paty sale she was having on Instagram last night I knew I had participate. A white cardigan that will be monogrammed in brown lettering to go with this blue and white short sleeve onsie (also monogrammed in brown lettering) made it just before the self-imposed much needed spending freeze. I am already thinking of the places I will take my baby Southern gentleman to in his charming little outfit. Now spending freeze is on...no, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment